Sunday, November 1, 2009

Update

Hm... long time, no.. type? Well, whatever it is, I do apologize for being so awful at updating this. So here's some quick updates on my life:

-I got a job at Fazoli's and have been there for three/four-ish weeks. I'm really liking it, for the most part...

-I quit my after school babysitting job. I was really having no time with my family and I was so tired all the time, and that stunk a lot. I figured after school time is critical to recooperate and a good time to spend with my family since I often work evenings at Fazoli's now.

-I was in my first accident... Luckily, nobody else's property was involved. I was home alone and was going to run to Wal-Mart to get some things. I went to go back out of the garage, but underestimated how far away I was from the wall... the side mirror on the passenger side caught on this metal shelf we have and not only did I make a pretty bad dent in the shelf, but I completely ripped off the mirror. I called my parents and was totally freaking out. They were on their way home and my dad told me to just calm down and they'd be there soon. They got home, my dad inspected the damage and just started laughing. I cried. Not a good day for me. Anyways, the mirror is just being held on my duck tape now, so I guess it's all good?

-So I've wanted to be a special education teacher since I was in 5th grade, right? Well, this morning at church when we were singing, it just hit me BAM! that that's maybe not what God has planned for my life. What I mean, is that God just kind of said to me today, "yeah, that's what I put in your heart before, but now, I want you to look into other things as well." And it was crazy. So now, I'm kind of not sure what I'm going to do with my life. I'm still thinking about special education, but another major one I'm going to look into is teaching English as a second language. Anyways, as I type this, it seems like it's not that big of a deal, but it toally hit me hard this morning and I guess it still kind of seems like a big deal to me, but when I say it or write it out, it doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal to anybody else... Not the point! That was just my big, um, can't think of the word, so fill in with what word you find appropriate, of the day.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I heart Fazoli's - they don't have it here.

So good to hear from you again! :-) You blog, and I will read.