Saturday, May 17, 2008

Prince Caspian!!

I FINALLY saw Prince Caspian today at 5:15!!!! Yes, I am well aware that it only came out yesterday, (if anyone should know that, it would be me!) but that was forever ago!!! You see, we were going to see it for my friend, Laura's birthday party yesterday, but she made her younger brother cry by telling him he needed to change his shirt more than once every 5 days and got grounded. She could still have the party, just not go to the movie.... so we went bowling instead. It was kind of strange logic, but I don't have any right to say anything since I'm not Laura's parents and also don't know everything about everything that's going on. So yes, the party was still fun and I won when we played bowling!!! ....with an 87 :)It was acctually really fun. We watched The Island and Mean Girls last night and Cloverfield this morning. The thing with Cloverfield is that they had a creative idea with the whole movie being like a home video, but the thing was that sometimes it was really confusing and you never really found out what in the world the monster thing was or why it was there or where it came from or what happened after the attack. I thought it was kind of lame. It was kind of a waste of an hour and fifteen minutes. So then we made ratatouille for French class which was.... interesting. :) We wanted to make our ratatouille different from other people using that recipie (there were 4 or 5 recipies that we could choose from) and so we had to go back to my house to look up other recipies to see what we could add to it because Laura's parents have blocked off pretty much everything on the internet for her to use. So it was raining (well, heavy sprinkling) on our way back to my house and all I had was a t-shirt. When we got to my house, the front door was locked (my parents were gone and my brother was at a friend's house) and I couldn't get the gate open, so we had to "break in" by climbing over the fence. We decided that it probably looked like we were teenage delinquents breaking into some random house or something and hoped that our next-door-neighbors weren't home. So we finally got inside and once we got the computer turned on and the internet up, a couple of our other friends who stayed behind at the house to keep working on the ratatouille called and said that we were done. So we basically went over there for nothing, but oh well. We got a pretty good laugh out of the whole thing. :)
So now... PRINCE CASPIAN!!!! I never acctually finished re-reading the book, and am kind of glad that I didn't because otherwise I would have sat there critiquing everything that didn't exactly follow the book. There were a few things that they could have done in the movie and more like the book that would have made other things less confusing for the people who hadn't read the book. There was also one really strange thing in the movie that happened that wasn't in the book and one really awful thing that they did in the movie that most definately was not in the book that I got really mad at them for adding. If you've seen the movie already, you'll probably know what I'm talking about and if you don't, feel free to e-mail me and ask me... I'll be more than willing to share with you how I really feel!! ;) Anyways, in all, I did enjoy the movie... just minus the tiny lack of description and that one really lame thing. :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Girl I know exactly what part you are talking about in Prince Caspian! I thought it was a good movie but not necessarily the best adaptation of the book. I went into it expecting it to be very different from the book - I understand that you have to add things to make a movie more exciting. But, that one big thing really annoyed me. But, there were several things they did that I really liked...so I guess it maybe balances out. :-)

Kirsten said...

yeah, I totally agree!! wait, is the really big thing the thing that we've already discussed or the big thing that you would see on the previews of Jadis?? because both were kinda weird, but the thing we've already discussed was just plain AWFUL!!! hmm... maybe we'll have to go into a more in-depth discription of this in some phone conversation in the near future. ;)