Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Oeuf

Okay, so my brother always makes fun of me for saying, "oeuf" whenever I pick up something heavy or have difficulties getting into the car, so I just thought that I'd point out that it is, in fact, a word. ....Alright, so it's a word in French, but a word none the less. And that word also means "egg" but oh well. Just thought I'd clear that up. :)

So anyways, this weekend was super hectic, it was insane. On Friday, I babysat my brother while my parents went to the Viennese Ball and came down with a pretty awful cold. That night, after hassles with getting Andrew to bed, I woke up around 12:45 because of a stuffy nose and loud parents and didn't fall back asleep until a little bit before 2:00. For some reason, my body just didn't want to sleep and I woke up Saturday morning around 7:30-ish (and on Saturdays, I'd usually still be sleeping until at LEAST 8:30). So all day Saturday I was freaking out calling a friend of mine because she was going to let me borrow one of her dresses for Saturday night when I got to be my dad's date to the Viennese Ball. After calling my friend a number of times and I got no call back, I resorted to calling one of the girls in my dad's choir, who we're also very good friends with her and her family, who have adopted 2 kids from China. So I went over to her dorm and tried on three dresses. One didn't fit, one went down too low, and the one that I ended up taking with me wasn't quite as dressy as I would have liked. So it was about 3:30 and we had to be at the university by 5:30 if we were going to have time to eat. So my mom and I sped off to the mall, where we quickly looked for an inexpensive dress at Deb. My mother found a dress which I absolutely adored once I tried it on, (I was so proud of her for picking out something that I liked so much) and it was only $30. So it was about 4:05 and my mother and I zipped back home and tried to get me ready as quickly as possible. We did make it on time and after we ate, I sat in the room where they do the opening ceremony for what seemed like forever. It was FREEZING in there, too. And I could've sworn that there was a breeze where we were sitting. My dad and I enjoyed laughing at the freshman guys in the men's choir because they had NO idea what they were singing when they did the Beautiful Danube (in German) and pretended to mouth the words for like 3/4 of it. (After just reading that, we sound kinda mean, but honestly, we really weren't that mean ;) ) So we did a bunch of polka (a few songs with my dad and a few with one of my buddies from the China tour in 2005) and some swing, too. We ended up leaving a little bit after 11:00 because my feet were killing me and we had to get up in the morning for church. By the time I got to bed, it was around midnight. On Sunday, after church and then lunch, my mom remembered my recital (which I was REALLY hoping she wouldn't) at the last minute because I had asked about something I was going to do this weekend. So I had to go play in that, even though I was feeling really sick, but my teacher moved me up so I played 4th instead of 3rd to last. Which was nice because then we got to leave right after I got done playing. A very lovely part of my Sunday, though, was that I got a call from Jenny, and it was so good to talk to her and acctually hear her voice again! It totally made my day. :) So I guess for the most part, that's my weekend in a nutshell and it's looking like I'm going to have another crazy weekend this week, but I'm looking forward to every single thing and it should be quite fun, even though it will be hectic!!

No comments: